Monday, September 29, 2008

i am a slacker...that is a blog slacker

well…i tried to think of a good excuse for my lack of posting, but I don’t have one…i am simply a slacker.

same old, same old around here. curt studying/reading/writing like a mad man, although we have both realized that friends/people are more important than work or studies (sorry for the side note), and me just surviving at work (which by the way is much better!).

oh yeah…my momma, bro.nick, and sis-in-law are visiting next week…the countdown is on. i am so super pumped…i miss my fam, they pretty much are the BEST! i look forward to many a' wii battles, home-cooked momma meals (oh so yummy, my mom can cook), hugs, laughs, quirky comments from my bro, fun day trips, so forth and so on.

so i think that is it for now...have a peek of our new photos…dodge ball, CAMPOUT 2008, the day I fed my husband paper, my attempt to paint…
dodge ball...

curt in left hand corner...he is a killer

1.2.3....DODGE BALL (p.s. they dominate...undefeated)


36 hours of camping, horn blowing, line standing, name signing, grilling, a surpise visit from coach K....for what...duke season basketball tickets...but don't worry our blood will only bleed WILDCAT blue.


1,400 grad students...and their homes for the weekend

trying to study hebrew...


judah...the groups smallest camper...and the most fun

curt and john jay..."what are we doing here? we are not even duke fans"

coach k giving his speech and the team (sorry the picture is a blur)

the bear, i mean brad awaking from his slumber to anwer the 2am horn

next...the day i fed my husband paper...the narrative version...

curt: "is this cheese different? the texture is strange."

me: "no...it is the same cheese you ate yesterday"

curt: "okay, maybe it is dry (this is when curt lifts off the bread to examine the cheese)"

curt: "woman are you trying to kill me, you left the paper on"

jenny: "my bad ;)"


lastly, the canvas that hangs in our bedroom...artist...jenny lowndes...


happy monday to all.

3 comments:

hannahnoel said...

i heard a rumor that today was your birthday, so i thought i'd stop by and say happy birthday.
happy birthday! =]
sounds like you guys are having fun. i love the cheese story... but i'm extremely disappointed in curt for this duke ticket madness. i dont care if he claims he wasn't for duke...he's going to the dark side. save him. well i'm gonna go do homework....ick.

love you both!!
--hannah
:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding the new information, as well as your analysis. This is why your blog is one of the few I read that I also ever bother to comment on. I don't do it to hear myself talk - I do it because I know you actually listen.
by Air Jordans

Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding the new information, as well as your analysis. This is why your blog is one of the few I read that I also ever bother to comment on. I don't do it to hear myself talk - I do it because I know you actually listen.
by Air Jordans